In this email you can find details of events at the Temple in October. I also want to mention a couple of dates for your diary for later in the year. On 30th November we’re celebrating the temples 5th birthday. This event is for Sangha members. Facebook invite here. I also want to mention the Bodhi gathering (Wed 4th til Sun 8th) five days of shared practice, talks and ceremony. We’ll be joined by people from all over the world, including our teacher and founder, Dharmavidya. Let us know if you want to join us.
Jnanamati has asked me to share local inter-faith news with you. Scroll down to read about what’s been happening, and details of inter-faith events you can attend.
Namo Amida Bu,
Sat 12th 10.30am til 11.30am “Radiating Love”: A Dharma talk by Rev. Kaspalita. Suitable for beginners or experienced practitioners, with time for discussion, questions and nembutsu. A good place to start if you are new to the temple. FB event here.
Sat 19th 9am til 10am Buddhist service for First Timers. Our usual Saturday morning service, tweaked to make it easier to follow for those who’ve never been before and those who haven’t been for a while.
Sat 19th 10.30am til 11.30am Taking Care of the Temple. A chance to offer something back to the temple and the community with some cleaning, gardening, or whatever the temple needs. We’ll find you a job you feel comfortable with. A good way to connect with the community.
Sat 26th 10.30am – 12 midday Malvern Temple Community Choir. Our lovely drop-in Buddhist choir, singing rounds and Indian-influenced music, open to all abilities. Led by choirmaster Andrew Cheffings. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit the site.
Interfaith News from Worcestershire Interfaith Forum
- Dayamay attended with Jnanamati as a second representative for the Amida shu/Amida Mandala. We hope now to be able to make sure that either one of us can attend future meetings. The meetings are however open to anyone from a Worcestershire faith group
- Holland House are hosting a multi-faith day seminar on climate change on the 11th November (10.00 – 4.00). Attendance is by invitation. Invitations to follow.
- There was a long discussion about how members might get involved in responding to the climate change movement. As a first step WIFF made a pledge to have climate change on the agenda for all future meetings & the day on the 11th November will have gatherings in small groups to identify further actions
- Tuesday 17th March 2020. Helen Caine introduced a Redeeming Our Communities event in Worcester. She is managing faith group invitations & is asking for representation from across faith groups. More information can be found here: https://roc.uk.com/
- Representation is requested from faith groups for the Holocaust Remembrance Day on the 27th January 2020, 10:30-11.30 at the Guildhall. It would be good if someone from Amida shu could attend.
- WIFF is hosting a festival day in March 2020 in which two faith groups introduce a festival from their tradition to the public/other faith groups. Is there anyone who might be interested in leading something that introduces a Buddhist festival? Unfortunately they haven’t yet identified a date.
If you are interested in any of the above do let Jnanamati or Dayamay know. Also if there are any issues that you would like raised at the inter-faith forum meetings (they take place bi-monthly) then let us know.